Pages

Monday, May 11, 2009

Gotta Love Those Links: May 11th

It's been a while since I've done a links blog, so I thought I'd share some inspiration from around the Internet. Just in case you're wondering where the recipes have gone, they will return. I'm expecting our second little blessing and cooking hasn't exactly been appealing to me. I'm hoping this phase passes quickly, and I can resume experimenting with the many recipes I have on my waiting list. You'll be the first to know when I'm ready. Well, OK, maybe John will know first because he'll actually have to eat it. :-) Anyway, back to the links.

Skip To My Lou has provided a great tutorial for sewing cloth napkins, particularly on finishing the corners. I love the fabric she used in the bottom example!

I really like this key holder How About Orange created. This would be a great catch-all for our house!

I have toyed with the idea of making yogurt at home, but the whole process was kind of intimidating...until I found this. Nourishing Days gives step-by-step directions for making yogurt in the crockpot. It looks so easy, I can't wait to try it!

I think these birthday counting cards are SO cute for kids! It really lets you get creative and personalize it for your little friend. Chez Beeper Bebe even gives you the template to make it easy!

On a non-crafty, non-food note, here is a great article about why it is GOOD for us to nap. It gives suggestions for making the most of your nap. And here is a handy nap alarm clock to make sure you rise when needed. :-) It has pleasant sounds to wake up to, which puts me in a better mood than hearing a rooster crow loudly in my ear.

Well, I hope everyone had a fabulous Mother's Day weekend! Hopefully you were able to spend quality time with your mom or your children. Have a great week!!

No comments: