Pages

Monday, June 8, 2009

Sisterchicks in Wooden Shoes: Book Review


So, lately with the book reviews, it's been kind of hit or miss. They've either been so bad I couldn't finish them or so good I couldn't put them down. Well, for me, Sisterchicks in Wooden Shoes was middle of the road. I had no problem putting it down when I needed to go on to something else, but I did have enough motivation to actually finish the book. I know, I know. That doesn't tell you much, so let me go on.

When Summer gets the call that a mammogram has come back abnormal, she decides to do something for herself, for a change, and heads to Holland on a whim to see her lifelong pen pal, Noelle, in person for the first time. It turns out to be a visit that they both needed, and they have the time of their lives during her week long trip. It is a tale of unquestionable support and friendship, even through life's toughest challenges.

The message is one of learning to trust in God and the people He has placed in our lives as supporters. Both Summer and Noelle see God's hand shaping their paths as they travel through the country visiting the sites. It is a good story of the deep friendship that can form between two women, even though they are miles apart.

This book doesn't really fall into one of my favorite genres, but the heartwarming story kept me going. Now onto the next one. :-)

2 comments:

tinabea said...

I read the first couple Sisterchicks books but never any of the others. They were good, but not enough that I wanted to keep getting them all. I kind of want the Sisterchicks Go Brit book because I'm enamored with all things British. Haven't heard anyone say they've read it, so I don't know if it's any good.

Charissa said...

I'm definitely with you on the books not being good enough to keep going. I made it through this one, but I didn't enjoy it enough to seek out the rest of the series. I haven't heard anything about the Sisterchicks Go Brit, so I don't know if it would be worth the trouble to add it to your Paperback Swap list or not. :-)