Pages

Friday, January 16, 2009

Amish Baked Oatmeal


I found this recipe on one of my feeds and tried it the next morning (altered just a bit, of course). Love at first taste! Kaelan loves to eat this rolled into little balls (easy for little fingers to grab). To make the morning run a little more smoothly, I usually combine all the ingredients the night before, cover the dish with plastic wrap, and put it in the refrigerator. The next morning, as soon as I get up, I turn the oven on, take the plastic wrap off, and stick it in (nope, I usually don't wait for it to preheat). I take a shower and get ready, and 30 minutes later, a hot breakfast is waiting for my family.

You need:

1/2 c. quick oats
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. milk
1/4 c. melted butter
1 egg
1 tsp. baking powder
2 t. vanilla
whatever you want to add in (canned pumpkin, blueberries, strawberries, raisins, cinnamon—you name it!)


Preheat over to 350. Grease 8x8 pan. Mix all the ingredients together and pour into prepared pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes.

So easy!! Let me know what you think.

No comments: